The air is crisp, layering is now starting to take place, soups are my new staple and dessert is something I have been enjoying nightly. While I am typically an ice cream – phine and cookie conossiuor, my dessert palate has shifted directions to the warmth of cinnamon, clove and nutmeg with an occasional chocolate taunting, and then the godmother of them all … Caramel Apple Pie! In terms of pie, my vocabulary has, up until this point in time, solely consisted of apple, rhubarb, pumpkin, pecan, chocolate cream and banana cream. During my recent travels through New York City I experienced caramel apple delights multiple times from my best friend’s delectable salted caramel apple pie, to Jean – Georges’s ABC Kitchen’s caramel apple pie, to my baking buddy, Mr.Bake’s, caramel apple pie cupcake. Apparently, I missed the memo that this salty, sweet combo of gooey sweet caramel and crisp spiced apples is the ‘hot’ dessert of the season. So, to help you and I stay on trend, I have scoured the internet for the best caramel apple dessert recipes that are worth skipping that second helping of Aunt Thema’s secret mashed potatoes for.
1. Not exactly cheesecake and not exactly pie, Gaby of Collecting Memories, knows how to enjoy all the flavor with a lot less fat.
2. Believing that the best food enjoyed is that which is shared, food blogger Courtney of Neighborfood’s Caramel Apple Cider Ginger Ale Float is a simple recipe worth sharing with your neighbor.
3. Heather Christo sure knows how to whip up a one skillet wonder with this Cinnamon Caramel Apple Crisp.
4. Lisa of the Snappy Gourmet had us at the caramel and graham rimmed glass in this Caramel Apple Cheesecaketini.
5. Similar to Monkey Bread, this Caramel Apple Bread by Jennifer of Seasons & Suppers can be enjoyed sliced and toasted with a bit of butter… Yum!
6. Ready, set, go… Jenny’s Caramel Apple Dumplings dusted with cinnamon, sugar and clove are ready in 20 minutes and great for an everyday occasion.
7. World meet Four and Twenty Blackbirds Salted Caramel Apple Pie! We know the secret is safe with you, salt is that little element that you have missed in all other pies. Savor each bite, we know that devouring this pie is not hard.
8. No oven, no problem! Julie of Table for Two’s simply delectable Salted Caramel Apple Spice Mug Cake bake in your microwave.
9. Martha, you have done it yet again as this Caramel Apple Bread Pudding is nothing short of magnificent!
10. Who said dessert is only for after dinner? This Caramel Apple ‘Stacked’ French Toast from Ingrid of The Cozy Apron is a must for any cozy Fall brunch spread.
I would love to know in the comments below what your favorite Caramel Apple recipe is!