Are you a hopeless lover of cheese? If so, we have the perfect dish for you — Quattro Formaggi, or Four Cheese Sauce. This velvety, elegant, versatile sauce is great as a pasta sauce, or used as fondue. Believe us, you need this in your life. We are enjoying our Quattro Formaggi with Schar Penne Pasta.
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan
- 1/2 cup of Fontina
- 1/4 cup of Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Sharp Cheddar
- 1 packet of tomato puree
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 pack of Schar Gluten Free Penne
1. Cook pasta in boiling water. While pasta is cooking, grate the cheese, mince garlic, and chop up parsley.
2. Pour olive oil into a saucepan over medium heat, add minced garlic, and mix well. Add tomato puree and heavy cream. Add salt to taste.
3. Add goat cheese to pan, and stir well. Add parsley, stir, and turn off the heat. Add all of the other cheese types gradually, and stir well. Add more cream or tomato puree if consistency of sauce is too thick for your liking.
4. Toss cooked pasta into saucepan and stir well. Ready to serve!