Whether you’re cheering for your alma mater or the home state team, chances are you or someone in your household will be glued to the big screen this month to take in a game or two. Of course, the experience isn’t complete without a trusty bag of your favorite chips (like Sea Salt BOPs for instance) and a homemade dip to show off your mad dunking skills.
With all of that viewing action in store, no one’s asking you to slave away in the kitchen. Why would you? Here are three winning dips you can whip up in less than 5 minutes. So go ahead and take a shot. The clock is ticking.
Herbed Onion Dip: A healthy alternative to classic California Dip, way less salt and a whole lot more flavor makes this one a surefire crowd pleaser!
- Chop up a bunch of spring onions (maybe you call them scallions?) and sautee them in a bit of olive oil just until tender.
- Stir in a brick of cream cheese until melted.
- Season with about a teaspoon or two of Herbes de Provence and salt and black pepper to taste.
Spicy Lime Guacamole: No tortilla chip is complete without this awesome avocado flavor, not to mention all of the vitamin E that goes along with it.
- Peel and pit two ripe avocados, then mash in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 jalapeno (diced) and the juice of 1 lime.
- Season with salt, ground cumin and chopped cilantro to taste.
Garlic White Bean Dip: Why not turn your mid-game snack into a protein-packed palate pleaser? This is totally MVP material.
- Rinse and drain 1 can of white beans and place in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice and ¼ cup of olive oil and puree until smooth.
- Season with fresh thyme, salt and black pepper to taste.
Not ready to go from scratch? Try Desert Garden’s Spinach Dip for even quicker homemade flavor!
Do you have a favorite March Madness chip dip? Tell us about it in the comments section below.