One of the potentially trickiest situations for anyone who’s gluten-free is eating at a restaurant. Unclear menus, oblivious waiters – it can be a nightmare. A lot of things go through your head when you’re gluten-free at a restaurant, and we’re betting that these 15 are among them.
1. This place looks nice. I bet the waiters will be nice.
2. Please let the waiters be nice.
3. Yay for wine. Wine’s got my back.
4. Hmm…no GF symbols on the menu. Dang.
5. Nah you finish the breadsticks, bro. Go for it.
6. Ok here goes. Let’s see if you really know the menu, kid.
7. That wasn’t so bad. At least he was polite about checking with the chef. Mental note: Give a nice tip.
8. That bread pudding over there smells so good. Don’t think about it. Focus on something else. More wine.
9. Hungryyyyy. All they had to do was change their gloves and hold the croutons, that shouldn’t mean it takes longer to make.
10. I really should find a gluten-free bread pudding recipe.
11. Ugh that pizza looks so good and the kid at that table over there isn’t even gonna finish it. Every restaurant should have gluten-free pizza crust.
12. Yess no croutons, they remembered.
13. Wish I could have croutons.
14. Oh damn, they have ice cream sundaes here. Don’t mind if I do.
15. Here’s that tip, kid. Now please don’t ever stop working at this restaurant.
Are you on a gluten-free diet? What other thoughts do you have eating gluten-free at a restaurant? Tell us in the comments below! And if you’re looking for awesome gluten-free snacks in between eating out, check out all the Love With Food plans!