Anyone who’s gluten-free knows that parties can get tricky. The food is usually sketchy, and sometimes you don’t even know the person throwing the party, so there’s no way to check with them beforehand. Check out these 11 thoughts that we know everyone on a gluten-free diet has going to a party, and tell us if you don’t think “same.”
Before The Party
1. Should I bring snacks? Hmm, maybe I’ll just eat before.
2. Nah I should bring snacks. If there’s nothing I can eat there I’m gonna be sad watching everyone else eat.
3. So. what to bring…ugh I gotta go grocery shopping soon.
4. Aha! I’ve still got these Caramels by Tahana. Bingo.
Plus they’re chewy enough that I can use them as an excuse not to talk to people if the party is awkward.
5. Please please please don’t let them only be serving beer. Please have wine, friend-of-my-sort-of-friend who’s throwing this party.
At The Party
6. Yes, really. For the seventh time. I don’t want the pretzels.
7. Please continue to think I’m rude to say “no.” I love that.
Trust me, you’d rather think I’m rude than hear a description of what will happen to my body if I eat your gluten-y snacks.
8. I see no wine.
9. Time to break out my awesome snacks from home.
10. Okay sure, random stranger, you can have some…but you can also eat EVERYTHING else at this party. I can’t, okay?
11. Wait is that wine? At last? Yasssss.
12. Oooooooh they have One Potato Two Potato Plain Jayne Sweet Potato chips!! Must meet the host and become best friends.
13. This party is pretty great after all.
14. I get to sit here sipping all classy while everyone else gets wasted eating boring snacks. #Winning.
After the Party
15. Who says being on a gluten-free diet means you can’t go out and have a great time? When’s the next party?
What other thoughts do you have when you go to a party? Tell us in the comments below!