Love With Food teamed up with Enjoy Life Foods for our awesome and totally allergen-free gluten-free box. KC the G-Free Foodie is here to follow up that box with some great tips on grocery shopping when you’re trying to be careful of your food allergies. Check it out!
Here are KC’s best tips for finding delicious allergen free foods in the store – so you can venture into the center aisles for safe and tasty products that are safe for you and your family.
- Check out all the grocery stores in your area, to make sure you’re shopping at locations with the most allergen-friendly options.
- Look for Gluten Free tags on product shelves. Many stores are marking GF-certified items, and that’s a great way to start hunting for brands that avoid other allergens
- You’re safe at the Meat Counter, as long as you’re buying whole cuts of meat without marinades, stuffing or sauces. You’ll want to make certain bacon, sausages and deli meats are free form the allergens you’re avoiding.
- In the Snacks and Treats aisle, look for cookies, crackers and chips that are made in an allergen free environment. (Enjoy Life’s Dill & Sour Cream Plentils are favorites of mine- they even made my Whole Foods Market top-picks!)
- There are tons of new allergen-friendly Frozen treats on the market, I feel like I find new ones every day! Vegan ice creams and baked goods are getting better all the time, and most work to avoid other core allergens.
- Once you find some safe products you love, visit the brand’s website to find out about all the deliciousness they offer. You may also be able to purchase your favorite finds in bulk.
The folks from Enjoy Life Foods are committed to providing safe, delicious products for those living a Gluten-Free lifestyle and avoiding the Top 8 Allergens. They provided products and resources for this post.