It happens to everyone. You’ve had a long day, and you get sleepy. It’s natural. So what do you do to wake up? If you want to go a delicious route, we suggest whipping up some of these quick and easy energy balls. All you really have to do is mix everything together, shape them and chill. No baking required! Which is perfect, because why would you want to put a lot of energy into something that’s supposed to GIVE you energy? Check out the recipe below!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of dry oatmeal (use gluten-free oats to make them gluten-free)
- 2/3 cup of toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here’s what to do:
Stir all the ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Once chilled, roll the dough into balls of whatever size you would like. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. Makes about 20-25 1-inch energy balls.