Craving something sweet, caramel-y and easy to put together? Look no further than fried bananas. Seriously, do you even need to look at anything else right now? No.
Yep, those are bananas. Pan-fried in cinnamon and cooked to golden perfection. Drooling yet? And they’re technically fruit, so you don’t even need to feel that guilty. Kinda. Check out the full recipe below for fried bananas below and make some for yourself. Like, now. Go.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 slightly overripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (you can substitute granulated Splenda, if you like)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- Olive oil spray
Here’s what to do:
- Slice the bananas into rounds, approximately ⅓ inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray. Warm over medium heat on the stove.
- Add the banana rounds and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- During the last minute of cooking on the first side, sprinkle about ½ of the cinnamon mixture over the banana rounds.
- Flip the rounds, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mixture, and cook about 2-3 more minutes, until the fried bananas are soft and warmed through.