Tomorrow is one of the (two) days that we celebrate the magical perfection of sugary goodness that is the donut. And if you’d forgotten or maybe were planning to commit some kind of sacrilege and NOT celebrate, we have a few reasons to change your mind.
1. Because it’s a miracle that the stuff on the left can become the stuff on the right.
Flickr user aaaaavry
2. Because donuts aren’t afraid to show their true colors.
Flickr user Amy Loves Yah
3. And be a little nonconformist.
Flickr user Smath.
4. Because sometimes good things come in twos.
Flickr user kckellner
5. Or threes.
Flickr user armadillo60
6. Because they’re freaking beautiful.
Flickr user Kanko*
7. And sometimes even adorable.
Flickr user hirotomo
8. Because they can be fancy AF.
Flickr user [puamelia]
9. Or just completely shameless.
Flickr user Meghan Rutherford
10. Or delicately delicious.
Flickr user Ryan A. Monson
11. Because they can make your day.
Flickr user Javcon117*
12. And they can pump up more than just an office meeting.
Flickr user jellymoderndoughnuts
13. Because they don’t have to be storebought (or have gluten) to be delicious.
Flickr user Tim Pierce
That’s right. These babies are totally gluten-free.
14. And they don’t even have to be dessert.
Flicker user Ryan A. Monson
15. Because they’re perfect just the way they are. Especially soaked in bourbon sauce.
Flickr user Flyinace2000
How are you going to celebrate National Donut Day? Tell us in the comments below!