When the seasons change from warm to cold, the biggest place we foodies feel it is in the produce. So many of the classic warm-weather fruits and veggies just seem to evaporate, and we start counting the days until we can taste a juicy strawberry again. But fear not! There are plenty of delicious winter vegetables just coming into season now, that you probably forgot you love.
1. Sweet Potato Bread Pudding with Apple Cider Glaze
It’s like a hug, but with carbs.
2. Slow Cooker Winter Vegetable Soup
3. Rustic Winter Vegetable Tarts
4. Creamed Brussels Sprouts
5. Cauliflower and Goat Cheese Souffles
Take lots of Instagram photos because these are about to be destroyed. And then go in my stomach.
6. Brown Butter Five-Cheese Chili Mac and Cheese
Check out our roundup of all our favorite macaroni and cheese recipes here.
7. Truffled Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto
8. Twice Baked Butternut Squash
Like baked potatoes on crack.
9. Shepherd’s Pie with Parsnip and Potato Mash
10. Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Pie
11. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Garlic Croutons
Don’t ever count Brussels sprouts out again. They just needed a chance to shine.
12. Winter Vegetable Chicken Paella
What are your favorite recipes with winter vegetables? Tell us in the comments below!