I celebrate my Birthday in June – and I’m thrilled that we included the Paleo Baking Company’s Hazelnut Cake Mix in the June Gluten Free box, because it means I get to share my cupcake recipe with you!
Hazelnut + Chocolate is one of my favorite combinations, and if you love it too, this recipe is sure to please. Since it’s Paleo-friendly, I’ve decided that means I can eat three cupcakes at a time and not feel bad about it.
Let’s be honest – it’s my birthday, I wasn’t going to feel bad about caking it up anyway, But still.
Recipe for Paleo Birthday Cake or Cupcakes
Yield: 16-18 cupcakes or one 9-inch cake
- 1 Package Paleo Baking Co.Hazelnut Cake & Muffin Mix
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup Liquid Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 3/4 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cacao Powder or Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Cold Coffee
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk coconut oil, eggs, coffee and honey thoroughly in a large bowl. Then whisk in cacao powder and cream of tartar.
- Stir in the baking mix and chocolate chips (optional) and spoon batter into individual muffin liners or a prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes for cupcakes or 30-35 minutes for cake, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Do not overbake! This cake will get crumbly if you do.
Happy Birthday or Un-Birthday to you!
KC the G-Free Foodie