Snacking at the office more often that not turns into a candy bar scarfed down on your way to the restroom – if you remember to snack at all. It doesn’t have to be that way! There are almost endless options for delicious (and healthy) office snacks that are a cinch to make and eat. Here are just 50 of the best healthy office snacks, whether you’re looking for high protein, a burst of energy or something a little sweet.
Flickr user chuckfeder585
Flickr user quinn.anya
All-day fuel. Protein is what keeps us going through the longest meetings and when the afternoon seems like it just. won’t. end.
If you love jerky, you gotta try this stuff from Pure Provisions
Haven’t tried them? Check out these cinnamon chickpea snacks, you’ll be converted.
5. Sunflower seeds
6. String Cheese
9. Lupini beans (if you’ve never tried them are you in for a treat. Order some of these and see!)
11. Tuna fish
12. Chia seeds
13. Low-fat pudding
14. Cottage cheese
15. Fresh veggies (carrots, celery, etc.)
Healthy Sugar High
Flickr user wafflesatnoon
Sometimes you need something sweet. But rather than ruin your diet or set yourself up for a crash later with one of those donuts in the breakroom, try one of these.
18. Strawberries (basically any berry is a great choice, especially in summer!)
19. Apples with nut butter
20. Frozen grapes (mmmmm)
21. Dried Fruit (fruit leather, dried cherries, etc. They’re a great on-the-go snack!)
22. Fruit ice (Smooze, anyone?)
23. Dark chocolate (it’s good for you in small amounts)
24. Waffle snacks (like this all-natural waffle with chocolate and honey from MELI)
25. All-natural candy
Don’t believe candy could be a good snack? Try these organic jelly beans. Boom.
Flickr user jayneandd
Ah, energy. That elusive idea that seems so impossible some days at the office. These snacks are proven to have the power to give you a little kick and get you moving.
26. Peanut Butter (try it on celery or fruit)
27. Snack Bars
28. Trail mix (we suggest something like Emily’s Northwest Trail mix. It’s delicious).
29. Popcorn (turns out if you minus all the butter, it’s way better for you.)
30. Hard-boiled eggs
31. Whole wheat crackers
32. Graham crackers
33. Veggie chips
34. Fruit chips (like these Snapz Apple Crisps)
37. Rice Snacks (they don’t have to be boring – try these Thai Style Popped Rice Clusters and you’ll be blown away)
38. Whole wheat toast or bagel
39. Baked potato chips (when you’ve got a chip made so simply like these from One Potato Two Potato, you don’t have to feel that guilty).
40. Soy crisps
Flickr user mrsdkrebs
So sometimes you get bored of the same old snack. Who doesn’t? Next time, bring a few ingredients with you to the office to whip one of these together. Small effort, big payoff.
41. Green smoothie (or any of these awesome smoothie recipes here)
42. Energy bites (KC the G-Free Foodie has an excellent gluten-free recipe right here)
44. Flax seed (or any other ancient grain)
47. Avocado toast
49. Cereal (whether with milk or even just by itself!)
50. Healthy cookies (hear me out here – these only take bananas and oats. That’s it. Homemade in a flash, and easy to pack. You’ve got nothing to lose!)
What are your office’s favorite go-to healthy office snacks? Tell us in the comments below!