Flickr user CarbonNYC [in SF!]
- The FDA published its new requirements for food labels on Friday, which include added sugars and the number of calories written in freaking huge type, so. You’re not getting away with anything anymore.
- It was a big week for food laws. The Food Labeling Act introduced on Wednesday would require only two dates printed on foods: the date it’s at its best quality, and the date it’s unsafe to consume. No more wondering whether those eggs are reeeally okay to eat.
- The same company building a gluten sensor for food, Nima, is also developing a sensor to test for peanut and milk. So no more obnoxious waiters rolling their eyes when you ask, you can do it yourself!
- In accordance with its plan to take over the world, Amazon is planning to release its own line of groceries and household items.
- Feeling guilty about all that grease on your pizza? There’s a new plate in production that will absorb excess grease and calories from food. Science is amazing.
Check back every Friday for more updates on the latest food news!