Much like New York, or Internet trolls, the food world never sleeps. Here are just a few of the things happening in food this week. What do you think?
- Universal Studios is opening a Willy Wonka restaurant to resemble the iconic factory- minus the kidnapping, obviously.
Flickr user illustr
- Ever gotten into a Uber and thought “I wish I had a sandwich?” They heard you. Uber launched its UberEats food delivery app in Chicago, Houston, LA, and San Francisco.
- States can still require GMO labels on foods after a bill to prevent such requirements failed in the Senate. Vermont has plans to put GMO labeling requirements into effect on July 1.
Flickr user JeepersMedia
- Kraft mac and cheese is totally different now – except it’s not, because you’ve probably already had it. Turns out the brand changed its formula but didn’t tell anyone until now.
- You can officially have weed in your Nutella now, so everyone’s going to be simultaneously sugar high and actually high.
Check back on Noshable every Wednesday for weekly updates in food news!